Thursday, October 20, 2011

Shakespeare Acting Help

I thought I'd post this in case anyone is interested: The Theater Department at BYU is actually putting on Love's Labour's Lost next semester. How cool is that?!

Since I am going to be producing a much smaller-scale version: I thought I'd open up the chance for my future actors to come with me to a shakespeare monologue workshop!  there is one more next saturday the 29th,but we're all going to see The Tempest in Salt Lake that day. But if anyone is intersted let me know.


Sat. Oct. 22nd, 12-3PM, F201, HFAC
Lecture: (bring a scene or monologue you are working on)
·      What is the Folio Method?
·      Historical Background - How did actors in Shakespeare’s time do it?!?
·      Trace the journey from the Shakespeare’s hand tothe printing press.
·      Learn how to dig for CLUES in the TEXT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment